Parent Co. is seeking a designer with a clean aesthetic and a refined eye to help us grow the voice and reach of the brand.
Our small local team – along with hundreds of freelance writers – creates sincere, informative, and slightly irreverent content for millions of parents and families each month. We are seeking a professional with 2-5 years of experience to manage the design of our published content, create assets that that will amplify our editorial, and assist the art director with our sponsored campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience using imagery and design techniques to convey a message or narrative to the viewer. We would like to find a creative designer with strong editing capabilities who can refine their imaginative concept and execute quickly while keeping deadlines, budgets, and restriction in mind.
- Assign photos and illustrations to all of our published articles
- Support the editorial team with typography and layout
- Use an article’s content to create supporting assets for social promotion
- Assist with pitch material
Your skills and characteristics
- You create designs with a point of view and level of consistency
- You easily overlook tired or expected design solutions, but you also stay on top of contemporary styles and aesthetics.
- Excellent skills with hierarchy and composition
- You appreciate details
- You are proficient/awesome in the Adobe Suite and Sketch
- 2-5 years working in a professional setting with other designers
- 100,000 points if you are a motion graphics wiz
What it’s like to work here:
- “Work From Wherever Wednesdays”
- Generous paid time off, plus an extra week off between Christmas and the New Year
- Supportive, creative work environment
- Fun, low-key atmosphere
- Free Costco snacks 🙂
Send a link to your portfolio and your application to Katrina@parent.co
(This is an on-site position in Burlington, VT)