Looking for a “School’s Out For Summer” treat to make with your kiddo? May I suggest these easy-breezy Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches! Add rainbow sprinkles to a package of store bought cookie mix and you’re halfway done already. Who needs the ice cream truck?
Want more delicious recipes? Subscribe to Parent Co. to get more every week! http://bit.ly/2ryLtAn
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cooling/Freezing Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 25 minutes
- I package store-bought sugar cookie mix 1 egg
- 1 stick softened butter
- ¼ cup water (this may differ from the cookie package directions, depending on the brand you use)
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- About a pint of your favorite vanilla ice cream – softened at room temperature for 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cookie mix, egg, butter, and water in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- With the paddle attachment, mix on medium until well combined and smooth.
- Add sprinkles and fold into cookie dough on low speed for a few seconds.
- Spread cookie dough into two 8×11 pans (pans a bit bigger or smaller would work as well, but your cookies will be thicker or thinner depending on the size.)
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until the edges are just turning golden brown. You want them a little on the soft side! Let cool completely – about 1 hour.
- Layer one sheet cookie with the softened ice cream.
- Invert second sheet cookie on top, wrap with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze for at least two hours .
- Trim edges, cut into squares, and enjoy!
- Feel free to use your own sugar cookie recipe instead of a mix, just make sure it yields about 2 dozen cookies.
- A slightly bigger or smaller pan will work for baking. Keep in mind that a 9×9 pan will produce thicker cookies, a 13×9 pan will produce thinner, crispier cookies.
- These can be made and frozen a day in advance. Just wrap them well before freezing. Leftovers will keep wrapped in the fridge for several days – if you have any!