Fresh, hot, soft pretzels at home? Easy peasy! And with ready made dough, you can make these for an afternoon snack! Kids will love twisting up the dough, and watching the water and baking soda foam up! And don't forget the honey mustard dip – delicious for veggies too!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, February 17, 2017
Pizza Dough Pretzels
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1 package store bought pizza dough, thawed
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out your dough into a 12×12 rectangle.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Twist each strip into a pretzel shape, braid, double twist, or any shape you like.
- Set twists on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bring the 8 cups of water to a rolling boil, then add the baking soda and sugar.
- Add the pretzels 2 or 3 at a time, and boil for 2 minutes per batch.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to the lined baking sheet.
- Beat one egg well, and brush each pretzel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until pretzels are deep golden brown.
- Let cool – just a little! They’re best when they’re warm!
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients together with a fork or small whisk until combined and smooth.