Nacho typical Friday night nachos!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, October 14, 2016
Nachos for dinner? You bet! Swap sweet potatoes for tortilla chips (and serve some rice on the side) and you’ve got a super tasty and healthy meal ready in a snap! The best part? Kiddos can customize with your family’s favorite toppings
Sweet Potato Nachos
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup black beans
- ⅓ cup black olives
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into thin rounds.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes, or until rounds are lightly browned and starting to soften.
- Top with shredded cheese, black beans, red peppers, and olives.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, and starting to brown in places.
- Top with avocado and scallions.
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa or hot sauce!
Customize these nachos with your favorite toppings! Corn, jalapeños, cilantro, diced red onion… you get the idea!