Summer sleep over? Try this fun, easy, delicious breakfast with your kiddo and a friend!Stripey toast, rainbow fruit kabobs and a quick yogurt hack will put a smile on everyone’s face, and start the day off right. Good morning indeed!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, June 23, 2017
Summer sleepover? Try this fun, easy, delicious breakfast with your kiddo and a friend!
Stripey toast, rainbow fruit kabobs and a quick yogurt hack will put a smile on everyone’s face, and start the day off right. Good morning indeed!
Super Rainbow Breakfast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amounts are loose, adjust depending on how many folks you’re serving!
- 2-4 slices of white bread
- About ⅔ cup milk – a few Tbsps for each color you want to make
- Butter (or jam!)
- Food coloring
- Assorted colorful fruit
- 1-2 cups of plain Greek yogurt (depending on how many you’re serving)
- Honey and cinnamon to taste
- Stirring a drop or two of coloring into a few Tbsps of milk, make as many rainbow colors as you like.
- Using a clean paintbrush or basting brush, paint stripes of color onto bread slices. You can do one or both sides.
- Toast it!
- Butter it up!
- Cut your fruit into bite sized chunks and slide onto bamboo skewers in a colorful pattern – at our house we love rainbows!
- Stir a squeeze of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon – as much or as little as you like.
- Serve everyone a few pieces of toast, a kebab and a small bowl for yogurt.
Natural food colorings also work, of course.
Use any fruit you like, even a two color pattern is fun – we like strawberries and bananas.
If your kids don’t like plain yogurt, try swirling a spoonful of jam into it before serving!